Add another line and type in Add a last line and type in The Destiny I Have Planned For Myself - Not Your Average Mom Of 5

The Destiny I Have Planned For Myself



Where do you see yourself in 5 years? 10 year? Next year? Who gets questions like these frequently?

Growing up, I was always taught to have goals and a future planned for myself. As an adult, I have carried that with me. I al7ways have goals and future boards set to remind myself where I want to be. When it comes down to it, we are in control of how our lives turn out. I am a firm believer, despite my luck lately, in only getting what you put into things.

All of that being said, I am going to dive in and share with you where I would like to see my life over different spans of time. In a blog coming up, I will share some of my goals that I plan to use to execute these visions.

One Year

This year is a big year for me. Not only am I aging (way too quickly), this is my first year ONLY blogging for income. This year, I see my blog doubling in views and followers. I see my content connecting with more and more people and broadening as I travel and cook more.

On the home front, by this time next year, I see my student loans paid down, the kids accelerating in sports and our schedules calming down as our custody case comes to a close. Our back yard will be completely landscaped and we will have replaced the entire fencing on our 1/2 acre lot. Even more exciting? We will have a puppy and one new kitten by this time next year.

And lastly, Payton will be Captain. 

Five Years

You guys, in 5 years, I will be turning 40. That is right, 40! It is hard to imagine that I am this old. I will have an almost 17 year old daughter and my boys will be almost 15, 13, 11 and 7. How crazy that is to think of!

I see everyone excelling in sports and academics and picking out colleges for Makenzee. Having older kids means Payton and I will be able to travel more. By this time, we are building a new home on our dream lot. This lot has enough room for a couple of horses and cattle to raise (and eat). We now have 2 dogs and no other pets. Keegan is excelling in school and we have successfully found more ways to cope with his autism as he has grown.

I am still blogging. I assume by this time, Instagram Influencing will be more of a thing of the past. By this time, I have completed my book (surprised? I know I haven't shared that goal). I haven't had Botox, but my skin is still good due to care. I have gotten my autoimmune disease under control and no longer suffer from hives. Payton and I are possibly married at this point (that is more of a financial decision than a necessary vision). We are all very happy.

Ten Years

Lets talk ages then! I will be turning 45. My kids will be almost 22, 20, 18, 16 and 12. If that isn't an eye opener at how fast time goes, I am not sure what is.

By this time, we have traveled to several different countries (even Greece). We still live the the home we built, but are selling it because the kids are moving out and we don't need as much space AND we are getting old, we don't want to maintain such a large home on our own. We have decided to builder a smaller cabin style home for ourselves and the 2 kids left at home. Caleb and Connor are still in college and Makenzee is graduating this year.

Payton and I have paid off most of our debt by now and have started a foundation to raise awareness and help for women dealing with men who have manipulated the court systems.

At this point, Payton is closer to retirement (it is much younger for fire fighters) and we are planning our life after retirement. I am not that far yet, it depends so much on how the next few years pan out.



Have you sat down and thought about where you want your life to be? I always love reading other people's perspectives and life plans! Reach out and share yours with me if you have it typed out, I would love to read it.

- Laura