Add another line and type in Add a last line and type in Simple DIY Dollar Tree Flower Arrangement - Not Your Average Mom Of 5

Simple DIY Dollar Tree Flower Arrangement

Who doesn't love a DIY? I love a quick and easy DIY, but if it is going to take too much time, count me out. Is it just me or is there something really exciting about creating a masterpiece yourself (and saving money while doing it)?

I was at Dollar Tree the other days and found a few things that I knew would make a really pretty flower display for my front room. How can I turn down things that aren't over $1 each? I am going to show you, step by step, how I put together my new flower display for under $10!

What Did I Buy?

 1. I picked up a few bunches of flowers that I wanted to fill my display with. I ended up getting 4 total. 

 2. Flower tin. How cute is this galvanized metal pail that I found? It is perfect for DIY flowers! 


 3. These foam block come in a few different sizes. This one fit perfectly inside of my display. These are perfect to keep your flowers in place. 

 3. Sponges. I have these around all the time. Dollar Tree frequently has small packages made up of different sized sponges.

4. This is everything that I used. You will notice there is white chalk paint. This is not something I picked up from Dollar Tree, I found it at a local discount store and had it already. You can pick up chalk paint and anywhere from Home Depot to Walmart.



Putting It Together

Guys! It literally took me under 30 minutes to put my entire arrangement together! Can't beat that!

I decided I wanted my container to be chalk white and not the galvanized metal since it matched the mirror frames in the room I wanted to put my arrangement in. I used my sponge to simply spread the paint all over the outside of the container. It dried really quickly so don't let any spots clump up.






Next, I put my foam block inside of my painted container. It fit perfectly! Also, don't worry if there is some paint on the inside of the container - your flowers will cover all of this.



Now, I separated my flowers. I did't add the entire bunch, I cut individual flowers and stuck them into the foam block. There is no particular way to do this, just add them and fill it out to your liking. I mixed in yellow and different white flowers. Along with that, I added a few leafy mixtures into this. 



That is literally it! After that, your DIY flower arrangement is complete! Now, figure out where you you want to display it at and put it out!


- Laura