Add another line and type in Add a last line and type in Why I want To Focus On Being The Same This Year - Not Your Average Mom Of 5

Why I want To Focus On Being The Same This Year

That is right my friends, this year my focus isn't about changing myself, it's about accentuating who 
I already am. 

2019 has gone down in the books as one of the hardest of my life. It started with a broken hip and ended with 3 broke down vehicles and an autoimmune flare up. We bought a house in April, the same month I had my hip replacement and the same month the kids were taken and the custody battle began. I have lived daily with hives and autoimmune issues since my surgery which triggered it all. Court has drug out all year and finances became a mess due to everything. 



2020, I have many goals for myself and my family. We can't wait to put this difficult year behind us and move forward, hoping for some closure to our custody case. Read on to see my year goals outlines. 

Organization

With how crazy life has been this year, getting our new home completely organized has been next to impossible. I feel like we kind of just put things places, not exactly where we want it. Does that make any sense. LOL! We have already spent the last few weeks starting this, but it is difficult with a family of 7. 

Chore Schedules

We believe in teaching the kids responsibility and accountability. They currently have chores, but I would like to tie down their schedule in it a bit more. They tend to be a bit lazy and sloppy with the things that they do. We are really trying to teach them to take care of things and take pride in what they have, chores and learning to take care of things is so important for that. 

Diet

A few months ago, I began seeing a holistic doctor for my hives and autoimmune issues. I found that modern medicine and doctors didn't want to take the time to actually heal within, it is covering things with prescriptions and blowing it off. My new doctor clarified the importance of diet. While following the Whole 30 diet, I found food plays into how I feel so much. My goals for the year is to really stick to this diet and be cautious of what I put into my body. 

Pay off debt

The funny thing about buying a new house and paying for attorneys, it costs. I really want to focus on paying off as much debt as possible this year and being more money cautious. 

Home Improvements

We had tons of stuff we wanted to do to our home, but that obviously costs. We got several of the lower cost things done, but would love to do some of the bigger things. The biggest would be to upgrade the fence on our property from chain link to wood. 

New Vehicles

I should clarify, new used vehicles. All of our vehicles are paid off, but like I said before, all have been having issues. Our mechanic came out and was able to do some small repairs to get 2 running ok for a while, but the bigger repairs cost more than the vehicles. We need to upgrade, but I refuse to have the payment that a new car brings. 

Fitness/Hike

With a broken hip and a hip replacement, working out hasn't been the easiest. I want to really get into a fitness routine this year. I would also love to take more time to hike. 

Have More Fun

We try to do fun activities as frequently as possible, I would really like to find more time to do this not only just Payton and I, but with the kids too! Whether it is some things as small as a trip to the lake, or weekend getaway, I want it to be a priority. 





That is about it for now, but I frequently add goals to my list as time goes on so I am sure throughout the year, I will find several more things I would like to accomplish throughout the year. 

-Laura