Add another line and type in Add a last line and type in Keto Taco Stuffed Peppers - Not Your Average Mom Of 5

Keto Taco Stuffed Peppers

If you guys have been following me much, you know that Payton has been #keto since August of 2018. We are consistently trying to incorporate new meals into his diet that is family friendly as well.

We have made stuffed peppers a few times, but I recently decided I wanted to try a taco style stuffed pepper since I LOVE Mexican food and am totally missing taco Tuesday!



I opted to use ground turkey over ground beef and obviously, because of family size, I used 2 pounds of ground turkey. He is pretty keto strict so I didn't add corn which I normally would have done (corn contains too much sugar).



It was really very simple from there and SOOOO good! Everyone in the family loved it. I added some cauliflower rice to our meal to finish it off!

Ingredients

  • 2 Pound Ground Turkey
  • 1 Large Yellow onion diced (I buy it pre diced and frozen)
  • 2 cloves minced garlic
  • 1 packet Taco Seasoning
  • 7 Bell Peppers (Make sure at

    least 1 is green)
  • 3 Cups (Aprx) shredded mexican cheese
  • Sour cream to garnish
  • Salsa 

Directions
  1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
  2. Cut tops off of all red bell peppers (6) and clean the contents out. Place peppers on a greased baking pan, hallow side up, for 10 minutes.
  3. In a frying pan, add ground turkey, onions, diced green bell pepper and garlic for 10-15 min
  4. Add taco seasoning and 1 1/3 cup of water and bring the mixture to a boil. Simmer for 7 minutes. 
  5. In the bottom of each bell pepper, add a small amount of shredded cheese.
  6. On top of the cheese, add the ground turkey. 
  7. Top each bell pepper with shredded cheese
  8. Bake until cheese is melted
  9. Garnish your taco stuffed bell pepper as you please and enjoy!!
If you decide to make these, let me know how you like them!!!

-Laura