Add another line and type in Add a last line and type in Banana Bread - Not Your Average Mom Of 5

Banana Bread

Do you have any amazing family recipes that have been handed down? My family have a few! Banana bread is one of my favorite. I make that along with several other breads and treats every Christmas for family and friends! The kids love it so much, I try to make the banana bread as often as possible!



My favorite part of making it? How easy it is! It really takes no time and is so moist. My trick to super moist banana bread it throwing old bananas in the freezer and thawing them out right before use.


I always prefer to make mini loaves over large sized, especially when I give it out for holidays since I mix the banana bread with other baked goods! I have even made a large batch for home and frozen a few loaves to dethaw when we want to use it! 




Recipe

Ingredients

  • 1 Cup Sugar
  • 2 Eggs
  • 1 1/2 Cups mashed (dethawed) bananas
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 Cup butter or shortening
  • 1 1/4 Cup Flour
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  1. Preheat oven to 400
  2. Cream together sugar and shortening
  3. Beat in eggs and bananas
  4. Mix flour, baking soda and salt in a separate bowl 
  5. Slowly add flour mixture to the banana mixture
  6. Pour into greased and floured (or spray with Pam) pans - 2 Large or 4 Small
  7. Cook for 1 Hour 

I hope you enjoy the recipe! Please tag me on Instagram if you make it and let me know how you like the banana bread!!!


-Laura